You are here: Home Latest News Around Rogers Park: Concord on Sheridan Under Construction

Around Rogers Park: Concord on Sheridan Under Construction


chicago smarter

It’s official. Construction on the new Concord at Sheridan mixed-use apartment and retail property began in early December. If all goes according to plan, the apartment building will begin to rise in February and the property will open in the fall of 2018. This is the largest, new construction building to be built in the Rogers Park community since before the onset of the recession of 2008-2009.

When completed, Concord on Sheridan will have 111 apartments of which 60% will be affordable and reserved for CHA tenants, and the remaining 40% will be market rate. The ground floor will contain retail space, including a 23,000 square foot flexible format Target store and 7,000 square feet for other retail tenants. The property will have 125 parking spaces and a community room for the adjacent Carolyn Hedger senior building.

The Concord on Sheridan property is another step forward in the dramatic transformation of the Sheridan corridor between Devon and Pratt from just another sleepy commercial strip into the primary retail and entertainment corridor for the Rogers Park community. This transformation has been led by Loyola University which has built several new properties along this stretch of Sheridan Road over the last 20 years, either under its own auspices or in partnership with other entities. The Concord on Sheridan is the first new building along this corridor to be developed without the direct participation of Loyola and appears to indicate a growing interest in the area by other real estate developers.


Got questions?

Send us an This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or give us a call at (773) 491-1235.




  • PO BOX 608492, Chicago, IL 60660
  • (773) 491-1235